ページ

2011年11月29日火曜日

The Second Day at The Deaf School

Today is the second day and also the final day in Deaf school. Like yesterday I woke up at 5:30... I'm too sleepy and tired. Anyway let me tell you what we did today.

I visited an English class. I couldn't imagine how will the teachers teach English to the deaf students. The answer is simple, they taught by sigh language! ha ha To tell the truth they were studying by using the Japanese sigh language, fingure language and English sigh language. They were using 3 kinds of sign language. I couldn't believe it. The teacher is terrific, the ALT is incredible and the students were fabulous.

I learned many things from this class beacuse the knowledge of "hearing" and "listening" skills are very important part studying of languges. If you can't hear, you can't pronounce the words correctly. But in this class some students could pronouce English well. I though she could pronounce better than the students who can hear in normal high school. She was a bit special, she could hear than the other students so she translated us to each other.

After lunch, I went to my charged students class. She's studying to become a hair dresser. I didn't wrote about this yesterday, but I visited her class and watched her getting perm to the dummy. She let me do it but it was so hard. I was too awkward.
So today she was studying to the exam which will be held this week. The assigment was "Can she shave well?" So everyone looked at me to be the guinea pig. I said "All right" and sat on the chair which looks like a massage chair and started to shave. You may knows if your men and had been shaved by a hair dresser before, they put a steamed towel on our face and it feels so great. I became so sleepy. Sleeping during the practical act is abominable act but the teacher said "If you can sleep you can. If you can suffer from shaving knife, you may.

I didn't sleep.

Maybe.

But she did great well, it didn't hurt at all. I wish she could pass the nation test for the hair dresser and could be the hair dresser.

374 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿