ページ

2010年10月26日火曜日

Essay 2-02a My language exprience

I have learned 3 languages in my life. Those are Japanese, English and Spanish. Japanese is my native language and the english is my second language. I start to learn Spanish since I entered this university.

The native language, which is Japanese was difficult for me to study. Speaking and Listening wasn't so difficult but writing and reading, especially Kanji was very difficult for me to master. It took time for me to learn Kanji because there's a lots of meaning and diffrent reading depends on different situation. For example the Japanese "Osameru" has a same pronunciation but there're 4 meaning. Those meanning are govern, learn,pay and store. When you are talking in Japanese and hear the word "Osameru", you can't know what it means. You have to consider from the context. But in English you don't have to do such a thing like that.

In learning classic Japanese and classic Chinese, these looked like an diffrent language for me. In classic Japanese you have to learn another words for this subject. That annoyed me very much so I don't like classic Japanese. On the other hand classic Chinese wasn't so difficult for me. If I read the sentence the right order I could understand what the text book want to say.

Now I want to write about my experience about English. I start to study english when I was second year of elementary school. The first year was horrible. I couldn't understand what the teacher wants to talk. I couldn't even introduce myself. The second year, I could talk to my friends but it was still a prattle english. Though it was enough to communicate with friends. The third year and the fourth year, I have improved enough that I could talk to adults. But when I entered to the middle school, I quit learning english. I didn't have much trouble learning english in middle school. Many student around me had some trouble studying english but I couldn't teach. I was very disappointed. I can solve the questions but I couldn't explain why the answer is going to be like. Especially I couldn't explain the diffrence between was, were, is and are.

I studied Spanish the first time in my life in this university. It was very intersting for me because the words in Spanish were very familiar to English. I could guess the meanning from the spelling even though I don't know the right meaning. Usually it was correct. I could understand the English and Spanish are relatives. There was also a suprising thing that there's a sex in nouns. It was very surprising that in Spanish "manzana" means apple is female and "escriorio" which means desk is a male. I couldn't understand why apple is a female and desk is a female.

(462 words)

6 件のコメント:

  1. Do you like Spanish?
    I dislike classic. How about you?

    返信削除
  2. Hey.
    what do you think which language is the most difficult??
    I think, English is one of the most difficult language to learn,and you??

    返信削除
  3. Hello, Taiichi.
    I think Kanji is difficult, too.
    Which language do you like the best, Japanese, English, French or Spanish?

    返信削除
  4. Hey!! Which language do you think is the most difficult??
    Do you want to more learn Spanish??

    返信削除
  5. Hi! I read your essay.
    I thought you have been hard to learn English.
    What is the most difficult language that you have ever learned?

    返信削除
  6. Hello!
    You looks learning harder than me...
    I think kanji is difficult, too.
    However, I like kanji. How about you?

    返信削除